Yaesu FT-DX10 is a new 100W HF transceiver with a hybrid SDR receiver. It is expected to be available in December 2020.
The FT-DX10 size (266x91x263 mm) is almost identical to Kenwood TS590SG and slightly larger than FT991A (229x80x253 mm) and weights 5.9 kg, compared to 4.3kg FT991A.
Considering its rumoured price of $2,000 (USD), this radio doesn’t look like a direct competition to Icom’s IC-7300 ($1,000) but rather a replacement for the Yaesu’s own FT-DX1200, albeit in a smaller body.
Features of the FT-DX10
- HF/50 MHz Transceiver (incl. 60m)
- Hybrid SDR receiver – Downconverter 9 MHz ZF + direct sampling SDR
- 250 MHz HRDDS Synthesizer
- 500 Hz 3 kHz and 15 kHz Roofing Filters (300 Hz optional)
- 15 separate bandpass filters
- Adjustable Shift & Width, Notch, Contour Filter Audio Peak Filter and more
- Push-Pull MOSFET PA 5 – 100W transmit power (5 – 25W AM)
- 5″ Touch Display with 3D Spectrum Stream display
- Quick Memory Bank
- Decoder for CW, RTTY and PSK-31
- SD memory card slot
- Remote operation with Yaesu SCU-10LAN